This is the most complicated box from my 'Ivy/Root' rage that I've undertook so far. Its about 60% complete so far as the bulk of the root carvings have been completed. Unlike my other 'Root' boxes not only are the roots intertwined (which sadly the picture doesn't do it any justice) but instead of having 100-150 leaves, I'm aiming for this box to have between 300-400 leaves. The box will have no handles as you use the 'Root' to open the drawers.
My only Regret about the design (That I intend on rectifying) is the fact that, Like most of my earlier work I didn't pay as much attention to the back of the unit as i did the front (as most of my pieces where designed as table top pieces, usually with the back facing the wall) However, I'm planning to rectify this so that this particular piece looks just as good from all sides!
If you like my work, why not join my Facebook here [link]